Board of Directors
Kirill Savrassov – Chairman & CEOTel (UK): +44 7727 659 399 (WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat) LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kirill-savrassov E-Mail: email@example.com
- Kirill is a founder and Head of London office having developed the entire company’s business model on a basis of his collateralized reinsurance activities since 2006.
- Previously Head of Collateralized Retro & ILS practice at Chesterfield Group – subsidiary of Kaufman Financial Group (2011-13) and producer within London retro team at Cooper Gay Swett & Crawford (now branded Ed) (2009-11).
- In 2007-2009 – Board member & CEO of Belarus office at Cooper Gay (Eastern Europe) as regional joint venture with Cooper Gay Sweat & Crawford having offices in Moscow (Russia), Minsk (Belarus), Kiev (Ukraine) & Almaty (Kazakhstan).
- In 1999-2009 founder & CEO of Beauchamp & Savrassov Ltd. – the only western reinsurance broker in Belarus introduced London market practices to the local market and provided over 80% of all inward premium receipts from abroad in the entire industry. Regional partners of Lowndes Lambert/Lambert Fenchurch/Heath Lambert subsequently.
- President of British-Belarus Chamber of Commerce (2009 – 2017) and member of Public Affairs Committee at the Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe in 2014-2016.
- Occasional visiting lecturer to various institutions on the topic of Disaster Risk Transfer including London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) and Central European University. Strategic management course lecturer for Chinese magistrate students at BSU’s School of Business.
Nicholas Frost – Board Member
- President of Quest Management Services Bermuda.
- Heads up the Account Executive team and acts as a Board Member on over 40 client companies.
- Has over 25 years experience in the insurance industry and has specialised in captives in Bermuda since 1988.
- Background includes working for a leading firm of Chartered Accountants, specialising in the audits of captives and insurance companies.
- Has expertise in Bermuda law, investments and banking.
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Bermuda Insurance Managers Association.
Youbing Zhang – Advisor to the Board (Seismology & Modeling)
Youbing Zhang is research associate at University of Edinburgh (UK).
Before that he obtained PhD in geophysics from ETH Zurich, Switzerland, in 2016 for work on non-linear earthquake source inversion.
Youbing has extensive experience on earthquake hazard risk, especially on uncertainties of earthquake magnitude and related seismic risk.
Since 2016, he participated the UK-China Newton Fund program aiming to improve resilience to earthquakes and consequent triggered events. Beside, he investigated and assessed on high-rate GNSS as one alternative measurement tool for earthquake ground motion.
His research interests include inverse theory and seismic hazard risk analysis.
Clive O’Connell – Advisor to the Board (Legal)
Since qualifying as a Solicitor in 1982, Clive O’Connell has specialised in the areas of reinsurance and risk transfer.
Clive has handled some of the largest and most complicated disputes in the area, many running into hundreds of millions of dollars in a variety of jurisdictions. Utilising the experience gained in resolving issues, he has also made a speciality of advising on risk transfer wordings, particularly in the areas of financial reinsurance, alternative risk transfer (ART) and insurance linked securities (ILS).
Clive is an acknowledged expert in the area and has been commended in many legal directories. In 2014, Insurance Day named him as one of the 50 most influential people in the world of insurance the only lawyer to appear on that list.
Clive writes regularly in the insurance and reinsurance trade press and has contributed to and edited books on reinsurance alternative risk strategies and law. He is a board member and General Counsel to the International Insurance Society.
Clive is also serves as a non executive director of an ILS Fund manager Twelve Capital and is involved in a non-executive capacity with an “insurtech” start-up and a Pakistani trade credit insurance broker as well as a new insurer.
Despoina Makariou – Advisor to the Board (Bonds pricing & Actuarial)
Despoina is a PhD Candidate in Statistics at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Her research interests lie within catastrophe bond pricing utilizing various techniques ranging from machine learning to more traditional mathematical finance approaches.
Except for her research at the LSE Department of Statistics, she is also a seminar teacher there for the courses “Actuarial Investigations: Financial” and “Actuarial Mathematics” (for non-life insurance) as well as teaching assistant for the course “Stochastic and Actuarial Methods in Finance”.
Despoina has worked for various firms in the London Insurance Market and Lloyd’s of London modelling non-life catastrophe risks, advising senior underwriters on pricing catastrophe (re)insurance contracts and performing catastrophe risk portfolio management and optimization.
She also holds an Advanced Insurance Diploma (ACII) awarded by the Chartered Insurance Institute, a Master of Science in Insurance and Risk Management from Cass Business School in London and a Bachelor degree in Economics and International Business focusing on the economies of Eastern and South-Eastern Europe from University of Macedonia in Greece.
Oleg Kapinos, CAIA – Advisor to the Board (Business Development & Communications)
Oleg is an investment professional and entrepreneur who spent a large part of his career in Asia. His expertise spans ILS, equities, hedge funds and venture capital.
5 years of his time in Tokyo were dedicated to conducting due diligence and promoting products of the leading ILS investment managers, as well as other alternative asset classes, at Japan Alternative Investment (now Mitsui & Co. Alternative Investments). Prior to that he was also working on CIS deal origination at Daiwa Securities SMBC (now Daiwa Capital Markets).
After moving to London Oleg founded Kapinos Consulting, where he works with start-ups to scale up new exciting technologies.
He has authored articles in Japanese and European professional publications and is a regular presenter at investment conferences across Europe.
Oleg is a CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Association) charter holder and a fluent Russian and Japanese speaker. He obtained his Master of Commerce degree from Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo.